[kaffe] Kaffe 1.1.3 "Development" Release available for download

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Mon Dec 8 08:02:02 PST 2003

On Mon, 08 Dec 2003 16:34:58 +0100
Dalibor Topic <robilad at kaffe.org> wrote:

> > Also, thanks to
> > Nihonsoft and Berkeley Signal for sponsoring the server.
>
> Berkeley Signal is you, thanks for keeping the server alive.

Thanks.  Yeah, it's a little corporation I do stuff with, which I've
done some consulting through before.

> But who are Nihonsoft?

They're the first people to bite and donate $50 via PayPal to the
California Community Colocation Project (CCCP) to sponsor December.  I
thought I'd drop a blurb into the announcement to say thanks, and,
because I want to encourage more people to sponsor the site for a month.

The CCCP is a non-profit organization here in California that offers
colocation of servers to non-profits, however in return, they request at
least a $50 colocation per month to cover their costs.  They're a
charity themselves, so they can't actually charge for services.

See:

  http://www.kaffe.org/sponsors.shtml

I'd love to get some more sponsors for the upcoming months to help
spread the cost around.  It will be nice having the server on the fast
pipe when the project gets even more popular.  :-)

As you can see, we're starting to suck up more bandwidth over time.
Definitely a lot more than when I had to temporarily put my server on my
DSL line last summer:

    http://www.kaffe.org/mrtg/pogo.kaffe.org_2.html

I much prefer having our own server vs. using a service such as
SourceForge or Savannah, as eventually I want to most, or maybe all, of
the projects services running on Kaffe.  :-)

Cheers,

 - Jim