[kaffe] Kaffe 1.1.3 "Development" Release available for download

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Mon Dec 8 08:15:03 PST 2003

Jim Pick wrote:

>>But who are Nihonsoft?
>

> They're the first people to bite and donate $50 via PayPal to the
> California Community Colocation Project (CCCP) to sponsor December.  I
> thought I'd drop a blurb into the announcement to say thanks, and,
> because I want to encourage more people to sponsor the site for a month.

Thank you, Nihonsoft!

> I'd love to get some more sponsors for the upcoming months to help
> spread the cost around.  It will be nice having the server on the fast
> pipe when the project gets even more popular.  :-)

Mhm, yes, probably ;) Especially given that the download sizes of
kaffe's tarballs increase over time, as we integrate more functionality
from other projects (there is still a ton of Classpath left to merge ;).

> I much prefer having our own server vs. using a service such as
> SourceForge or Savannah, as eventually I want to most, or maybe all, of
> the projects services running on Kaffe.  :-)

Sounds like a great way to show off what's possible, when kaffe gets
that far. But as you said, the progress that's been happening is quite
nice. I hope we can attract even more great contributors over time, in
order to get better faster ;)

thanks to all of you,