[kaffe] Cygwin status update
robilad at kaffe.org
Mon Dec 15 14:33:01 PST 2003
I've been playing with Cygwin & kaffe last week, and I've got patches to
gradually merge in, that let kaffe build again as a static binary. It
doesn't fully work, as the kjc step to build rt,jar crashes.
Investigation about it shows me that the old findJarFile bug still
strikes on Cygwin. This time I was able to figure out a little more, though.
The problem seems to be that the first few bytes of the findJarFile
function in kaffe/kaffevm/jar.c somehow get overwritten. I've tried to
debug it with awatch in GDB, but didn't suceed in catching the
overwriting happen. So I'd be glad to hear tips & tricks on dealing with
that type of bugs from other developers.
p.s. I haven't attacked the signal context problem yet. I want to merge
in the patches I have now first.
More information about the kaffe