[kaffe] Classpath AWT progress.

James Simmons jsimmons at infradead.org
Tue Dec 16 11:27:01 PST 2003

> Would you have a problem with this for your xlib implementation? If so,
> it would be interesting to know the reason.

I have to see if it would work with my design goal. The basic goal is to
have two totally different environments work together as if they we one
environment. One screen would be X windows and the other screen would be
a linux framebuffer implementation. The problem is two very different
environments are going to have two different toolkits. Since it is
possible to pass in a GraphicsConfiguration to a Frame, Window etc I was
thinking it would be easiest to grab the proper toolkit from the
GraphicsConfiguration. Do you see any other way to grab the proper
toolkit?

> Just a side comment from reading your code:
> java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment() should never
> throw a HeadlessException. Instead, it should return a headless instance
> of GraphicsEnvironment when it is called in a server environment. The
> returned instance is supposed to throw a HeadlessException when it gets
> asked to perform things that only make sense in a GUI, such as
> determining the maximal size of any attached screen.

Fixed.