[kaffe] alpha-linux crash

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 6 07:16:02 PST 2003

Hi Pat,

currently, kaffe crashes on alpha-linux in the class
library compilation stage with

lt-kaffe-bin: exception.h:150: vmExcept_setJNIFrame:
Assertion `fp != 0' failed.
./rebuildLib: line 47:  7235 Aborted
$JAVAC $VERBOSE $JAVAC_FLAGS -d $LIBDIR $CPATH
${1+"$@"}

Looking through the compiler warnings on that
platform. I've noticed a very high number in jni.c,
where every BEGIN_EXCEPTION_HANDLING macro seems to
trigger a warning of the form:

jni.c: In function `Kaffe_NewGlobalRef':
jni.c:290: warning: passing arg 2 of
`vmExcept_setJNIFrame' makes integer from pointer
without a cast

Do you have an idea why it makes an integer from
pointer? I mean, uintp looks like an integer to me,
according to gtypes.h. Adding a cast to (unitp) on
line 108 removes the warning, but doesn't fix the
crash ...

What is uintp used for?