[kaffe] Assertion failed in CVS kaffe

Matthew Toseland toad at amphibian.dyndns.org
Wed Feb 26 12:30:01 PST 2003

Okay, it doesn't crash. Remaining issues with Freenet on Kaffe:
* IP address autodetection - Kaffe needs to be changed to detect
  interfaces every time it is asked, not just on startup.
* Inexplicably long times to grab some locks in freenet that don't seem
  to happen under a Sun JVM.
* Monolithic garbage collection, which could cause such delays amongst
  other freenet problems (we use some timings to determine whether the
  node is overloaded, so anything that can cause the whole JVM to freeze
  for a while is a big problem to us).

Other than that, it seems to work (with unix-jthreads, not
unix-pthreads, which seems to have some other problems).