[kaffe] Assertion failed in CVS kaffe

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 26 13:53:01 PST 2003

Hi Matthew,

--- Matthew Toseland <toad at amphibian.dyndns.org>
wrote:
> Okay, it doesn't crash. Remaining issues with
> Freenet on Kaffe:
> * IP address autodetection - Kaffe needs to be
> changed to detect
>   interfaces every time it is asked, not just on
> startup.

Tim Stack said he wants to look into it.

> * Inexplicably long times to grab some locks in
> freenet that don't seem
>   to happen under a Sun JVM.

That's a new one, AFAIK. Could you elaborate?

> * Monolithic garbage collection, which could cause
> such delays amongst
>   other freenet problems (we use some timings to
> determine whether the
>   node is overloaded, so anything that can cause the
> whole JVM to freeze
>   for a while is a big problem to us).

Beside writing another gc from scratch or merging in
(and updating) the Boehm Weiser gc from PocketLinux, I
don't think there are that many options ;)

Of the two options, merging in the gc from Pocketlinux
should be easier, but I can't tell for sure.