[kaffe] QT AWT ExceptionInInitializerError (not the libawt one)

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 9 16:07:01 PST 2003

--- Benja Fallenstein <b.fallenstein at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've tried to run kaffe with the Qt AWT. Compiling
> goes fine, but on
> startup I get this:
>
> > java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: [exception
> was java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> /usr/local/kaffe/jre/lib/i386/libawt-1.1.x-cvs.so:
> undefined symbol: _ZN7QWidget5ev
> > entEP6QEvent]
> >         at

I'd assume that you're compiling against one version
of qt and running against another. Could you check
what version of qt gets picked up in the ./configure
process and verify it's the one you're trying do link
against at runtime? Also, check that the appropriate
moc gets picked up for your Qt version. Sometimes
distributors split qt into a devel package and a
library package, so if you had a Qt2 devel package and
a Qt 3 runtime installed, then you'd get the kind of
problems you're getting ;)

hope this helps,