[kaffe] QT AWT ExceptionInInitializerError (not the libawt one)

Benja Fallenstein b.fallenstein at gmx.de
Thu Jan 9 16:33:02 PST 2003

Hi Dalibor,

thanks for your reply! Let's see...

Dalibor Topic wrote:
> I'd assume that you're compiling against one version
> of qt and running against another. Could you check
> what version of qt gets picked up in the ./configure
> process and verify it's the one you're trying do link
> against at runtime?

benja at joy:~/kaffe$ ./configure --with-awt=qt --with-qtdir=/usr/share/qt
[...]
checking QTDIR... /usr/share/qt
checking Qt version... 311 (3)
[...]
checking if Qt is static... no
checking if Qt is multithreaded... no
checking if Qt is embedded... no
checking QT_CXXFLAGS... -I/usr/share/qt/include
checking QT_LDADD... -L/usr/share/qt/lib -lqt
[...]

Looks allright. /usr/share/qt/lib is what I link against at runtime.

 > Also, check that the appropriate
> moc gets picked up for your Qt version.

'moc -v' and '/usr/share/qt/bin/moc -v' agree that they are 'Qt Meta
Object Compiler version 26 (Qt 3.1.1)'.

 > Sometimes
> distributors split qt into a devel package and a
> library package, so if you had a Qt2 devel package and
> a Qt 3 runtime installed, then you'd get the kind of
> problems you're getting ;)

Hm, I have both of libqt3 and libqt3 installed (which is not to say that
I don't have a qt2 installed somewhere, but I don't think I have-- if
you can think of a good test, tell me).

Doesn't look like it's a Qt version problem. :( Any other ideas?

Thanks again,
- Benja