[kaffe] Failed to locate native function: java/math/BigInteger.init0()V

Greg Wooledge greg at wooledge.org
Fri Jan 10 06:39:01 PST 2003

Actually, I was slightly premature in reporting that it works.  I was
able to compile Kaffe, and I wrote my message while it was still
crunching through .java files.

When I try to run Freenet, I get this:

$ id
uid=1007(freenet) gid=1007(freenet) groups=1007(freenet)
$ echo $CLASSPATH
/export/freenet/freenet.jar:/export/freenet/freenet-ext.jar
$ java -version
Kaffe Virtual Machine

Copyright (c) 1996-2002 Kaffe.org project contributors (please see
  the source code for a full list of contributors).  All rights reserved.
Portions Copyright (c) 1996-2002 Transvirtual Technologies, Inc.

The Kaffe virtual machine is free software, licensed under the terms of
the GNU General Public License.  Kaffe.org is a an independent, free software
community project, not directly affiliated with Transvirtual Technologies,
Inc.  Kaffe is a Trademark of Transvirtual Technologies, Inc.  Kaffe comes
with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.

Engine: Interpreter   Version: 1.1.x-cvs   Java Version: 1.1
$ java freenet.node.Main
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: [exception was java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Failed to locate native function: java/math/BigInteger.init0()V]
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.resolveClass0(ClassLoader.java:native)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.resolveClass(ClassLoader.java:148)
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Failed to locate native function:       java/math/BigInteger.init0()V
        at java.math.BigInteger.<init>(BigInteger.java:162)
        at java.math.BigInteger.<init>(BigInteger.java:157)
        at java.math.BigInteger.<clinit>(BigInteger.java:49)
        at freenet.crypt.Util.<clinit>(Util.java:159)
        at freenet.crypt.Yarrow.accumulator_init(Yarrow.java:227)
        at freenet.crypt.Yarrow.<init>(Yarrow.java:62)
        at freenet.crypt.Yarrow.<init>(Yarrow.java:58)
        at freenet.Core.<clinit>(Core.java:142)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.resolveClass0(ClassLoader.java:native)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.resolveClass(ClassLoader.java:148)
        at freenet.node.Main.class$(Main.java:line unknown, pc 0x1)
        at freenet.node.Main.<clinit>(Main.java:76)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.resolveClass0(ClassLoader.java:native)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.resolveClass(ClassLoader.java:148)

Is this because I configured --with-engine=intrp?  I didn't see anything
about big numbers or GMP in ./configure --help.

greg at wooledge.org              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |