[kaffe] Failed to locate native function: java/math/BigInteger.init0()V

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 10 09:35:02 PST 2003

--- Greg Wooledge <greg at wooledge.org> wrote:
> Actually, I was slightly premature in reporting that
> it works.  I was
> able to compile Kaffe, and I wrote my message while
> it was still
> crunching through .java files.

> Is this because I configured --with-engine=intrp?  I
> didn't see anything
> about big numbers or GMP in ./configure --help.

Does it occur when you compile --with-engine=jit3 ?
I'd very surprised if it didn't. It probably means
that the configure script is unable to pick up gmp and
something really bad happens ;)

On a side note, I'd like to replace the GMP based
java.math. code by the pure java implementation from
GNU Classpath. I'm running benchmarks tonight to see
what the eventual outcome would be like. This would
probably hurt people using kaffe in interpreter mode
for crypto software, or using java.security features.
Is there anybody out there doing that?

best regards,