[kaffe] Failed to locate native function: java/math/BigInteger.init0()V

Greg Wooledge greg at wooledge.org
Fri Jan 10 17:31:01 PST 2003

Dalibor Topic (robilad at yahoo.com) wrote:

> It probably means
> that the configure script is unable to pick up gmp and
> something really bad happens ;)

Yes; I worked around this by creating symlinks to the gmp header
and library files from /usr/include and /usr/lib respectively.
I couldn't find anything like --with-gmp=/usr/local in the configure
script's --help.

> On a side note, I'd like to replace the GMP based
> java.math. code by the pure java implementation from
> GNU Classpath. I'm running benchmarks tonight to see
> what the eventual outcome would be like. This would
> probably hurt people using kaffe in interpreter mode
> for crypto software, or using java.security features.
> Is there anybody out there doing that?

Freenet makes extremely heavy use of cryptographic code.  I'm
currently running in interpreter mode because you guys suggested
it as a possible way to avoid certain assertions -- but see my

greg at wooledge.org              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |