[kaffe] lots of extra error messages

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 10 12:50:01 PST 2003

Hi Pat,

http://java.sun.com/docs/books/jls/assert-spec.html#semantics

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/guide/lang/assert.html

> Supporting 1.4 class versions shouldn't be too hard
> (Kaffe could
> probably hardcode all asserts as disabled, and
> should have no other
> problems).  Actually supporting asserts and the
> enable/disable
> semantics will be a bit more work.

thanks for the links. GNU Classpath actually has
implementations for the new assertion handling
methods, so it might be possible to merge them in.
I've played around with a simple JDK 1.4.1_01 javac
compiled file with assertions and they've bumped up
the number even furthe ;) It's 48/0. Do you know any
site that has information on different revisions of
the Java Class file format? I've browsed the JDK docs,
but I couldn't find anything.

best regards,