[kaffe] lots of extra error messages

Patrick Tullmann tullmann at cs.utah.edu
Fri Jan 10 14:44:02 PST 2003

> Do you know any site that has information on different revisions of
> the Java Class file format? I've browsed the JDK docs, but I
> couldn't find anything.

Yeah, I poked around a bit and couldn't find much either.  I did find
a JSR covering "JavaTM Class File Specification Update":
	http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=202

It seems a bit larger scope than simply the version numbers, but the
experts there may be able to point to a changelog of class version
numbers....

Actually, there's a bit of text in the 1.4.1 changelog wrt to the
compiler (see the last entry in this section):
	http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.1/changes.html#compiler

Looks 48.0 is just more assertion-related stuff.

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann at cs.utah.edu
            He who dies with the most toys is still dead.