[kaffe] core dump, assertion failed (FD_ISSET)

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 14 02:22:02 PST 2003

Hi Greg,

--- Greg Wooledge <greg at wooledge.org> wrote:
> Greg Wooledge (greg at wooledge.org) wrote:
>
> > assertion "FD_ISSET(i, &readsPending)" failed:
> file "jthread.c", line 1750
>
> Just FYI, I've seen this assertion a total of 5
> times now, running
> with the jit3 engine, to the exclusion of the other
> two assertions
> I saw earlier (under the intrp engine).  I haven't
> saved any of
> the other cores (they're quite large); but I'm sure
> there will be
> plenty more of them should the need arise.

I'm testing the next gnu.crypto prerelease at the
moment, and I also get some weird IO behaviour. When I
try to generate the crypto test vectors, kaffe just
hangs itself after a while blocking on file IO.

I don't really know how to go about debugging kaffe
threading issues, but I'll give the file IO code a
look later this week.

best regards,