[kaffe] Upgrading autotools requirements to a more recent version

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 24 03:26:02 PST 2003

Hi,

I'd like to do another round of asking who's using
what version of auto* tools, and if upgrading kaffe to
use the latest versions would be desirable or cause
problems. See this thread for the last discussion of
the issues involved:
http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2002-December/028418.html

I'd like to raise the discussion again, because
a) Pat has 'leaped ahead' of automake 1.4 and autoconf
2.13 on his system.
b) Dan has been using latest auto* tools for a while
(and libtool from CVS) without much problems.
c) Tim doesn't like to mess with auto* tools :)
d) I'd prefer to use the latest & greatest autotools
for a few reasons, one of them being able to merge
Dan's libtool-from-CVS patch.

I've CC:ed Pat, Tim and Dan because they've sent in
patches for the build system recently, but I'd like to
hear everyone else's opinion, too.

best regards,