[kaffe] failed regression tests

Rob Gonzalez rgonzale at wso.williams.edu
Tue Jul 1 07:43:01 PDT 2003

Hi Tim,

> The NoClassDefFoundError is correct, I think.  The SecurityException is
> because a non-primordial class loader has found the class file and is
> trying to define the class.  However, the class file should only be in the
> boot class path and not the regular class path.  So, you should make sure
> that rt.jar is not in CLASSPATH.

thanks :)  i had stuck the rt.jar in my CLASSPATH a couple months ago for
some side project i was working on and simply left it there.  i'm all set
now.

> Also, the current CVS version doesn't work for me at all:
>
> error compiling:
> java.lang.VerifyError: final method "printArgs" declared in class
> "at/dms/kjc/CReferenceType" is overriden in class
> "at/dms/kjc/CClassNameType"
>         at at.dms.kjc.KjcTypeFactory.<init>(KjcTypeFactory.java:51)
>         at at.dms.kjc.Main.createEnvironment(Main.java:235)
>         at at.dms.kjc.Main.run(Main.java:116)
>         at at.dms.kjc.Main.compile(Main.java:69)
>         at at.dms.kjc.Main.main(Main.java:60)
> FAIL: HelloWorldApp.java

this actually means that my verifier is working correctly :)  i checked by
using BCEL's JustIce verifier on at.dms.kjc.CCClassNameType and it
rejected that class for the same reason.

i'm going to email the KJC folks about this and see what they think.  for
now, i could simply change the printArgs method in CReferenceType to not
be final so that we can run regression tests using KJC.  is it cool to
change the KJC source in kafe CVS's source tree?

for now, if you use jikes 1.18 you should pass all the regression tests.
or you can use KJC but make sure you pass the -noverify flag to kaffe to
get over KJC's internal error.  or add KJC's jar to the bootclasspath.

cheers,
Rob