[kaffe] Re: flestmail - daily - 420/421 passed (99.8%) (0 errors, 1 failures)

Helmer Krämer hkraemer at freenet.de
Wed Jul 2 06:50:01 PDT 2003

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 05:52:28 -0700 (PDT)
Dalibor Topic <robilad at yahoo.com> wrote:

Hi,

> > On the other hand, it's hard to beleive that this is the
> > problem since the gc has not been touched lately (besides my
> > patch that merely moved things around a little bit, which
> > should not have caused any damage), so this would mean that
> > the gc was broken for a _very_ long time ....
>
> I think that your patch to free trampolines looks alright. I assume that it
> uncovered a bug in the gc that lay dormant for a long time.

I've looked into this some more and it is
definitely a problem in the heap management
(think this is also the reason why kaffe is
"leaking memory like an up down bucket").
Kaffe's heap is totally fragmented in the
end (you end up having many small free blocks
of about 4k that cannot be compacted and if
the jitter wants to allocate 43k everything
blows up). Will have a look at this one ...

Greetings,
Helmer