[kaffe] erroneous regression test: test/regression/ProcessTest

Ito Kazumitsu kaz at maczuka.gcd.org
Mon Jul 14 15:19:02 PDT 2003

>>>>> ":" == Rob Gonzalez <rgonzale at wso.williams.edu> writes:

:> When running ProcessTest against either kaffe or Sun's JRE 1.4.1_01 I get
:> an "arrayIndexOutOfBoundsException" on line 24 in method main(), which
:> accesses args[0], where args.length == 0.
:>
:> I believe the problems is that args[0] traditionally referred to the
:> executing program, though in Java that's no longer the case, if it ever
:> was (I don't recall ever using args[0] that way in Java).

Yes, but I think ProcessTest is supposed to be started in this way:

    $JAVA ProcessTest $JAVA

So args[0] is expected to be the name of the executing program.

:> I'm not checking in the change because I don't think that it's safe to
:> assume that "kaffe" is the right command to execute in all systems.  In
:> particular, it doesn't include whatever flags were used to execute the
:> parent version of the program, but something should be done about this
:> test case.

If something is to be done, that will be to check the length of args
and to issue a warning message if args[0] does not exist.