[kaffe] JPEG (and the others) loading on X

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem.lavaux at free.fr
Tue Jul 15 10:26:01 PDT 2003

Hi,

I was rather disturbed by the _really_ slow loading time of WidgetsDemo in the
last CVS. After investigating (again ;-)) in the code, I've found the JPEG
loader does not initialize the color mapping and thus the X toolkit use the
really slow method of invoking XAllocColor. By the way, I don't know what is
the "notorious DefaultsRGB workaround" (in clr.c) which is the cause of the
delayed initializing of the color mapping. Final point, is there any reason
to restrain the JPEG loading to 256 colours ?

Cheers,

Guilhem.

P.S.: I have a patch for all these things I'll commit soon as Jim was
sufficiently kind to offer me an account on pogo.