[kaffe] Funny date formats from ant

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem.lavaux at free.fr
Wed Jul 16 22:52:01 PDT 2003

On Wednesday 16 July 2003 06:42, Jaco Greeff wrote:
> Hi,

Hi Jaco,

> I've been successfully (at least for my build scripts) running ant 1.5.3
> with Kaffe. I have found a small cosmetic discrepancy in displaying the
> final elapsed build time. What I've done is to liberally copy the
> offending code from ant (attached as test.java) to provide you with a
> test case. Basically this is the outputs from both Sun JDK and Kaffe:
>
> [jaco at grumpy jaco]$ javac test/test.java
> [jaco at grumpy jaco]$ java test/test
> Total time: 7 minutes 36 seconds (456789)
> [jaco at grumpy jaco]$ /usr/local/kaffe/bin/kaffe test/test
> Total time: {0,number} minutes {1,number} seconds (456789)
> [jaco at grumpy jaco]$
>
> Greetings,
> Jaco

Thank you very much ! I am committing a fix in the CVS right now along with
the code which poses problem. Apparently java.text.MessageFormat was not
looping on generated strings to check if it was a new pattern. Now I iterate
until I am sure there is not any pattern left in the resulting string.

Cheers,

Guilhem.