[kaffe] Development snapshots

Jaco Greeff kaffe at puxedo.org
Wed Jul 16 23:39:01 PDT 2003

Hi,

Is there a possibility that Kaffe can offer more regular development
snapshots, possibly on a weekly basis. My personal feeling is that this
helps other projects, e.g. Wine, a great deal in getting testing on the
latest and greatest. (Bleeding-edge people seem to flock to weekly
releases instead of getting the CVS snapshot themselves.)

I think that the 1.1.x series is a step in the right direction, but
there is bound to be people out there without CVS access (damn those
corporate firewalls) which would be interested in helping a bit more
with testing. Another obvious plus is that it makes the project seem
more active, before the 1.1.0 release we have a drought of a year on any
releases. (And to be quite honest I for one would rather not wait
another month for the 1.1.1 snapshot :))

Potentially this process can be automated, it should be a simple case of
getting a cron cvs checkout, doing the am magic and tarring the bunch
up. (And that might be a bit of an understatement...)

Greetings,
Jaco