[kaffe] Request Headers for HttpURLConnection

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 18 08:54:01 PDT 2003

Hallo Sebastian,

--- Sebastian Mancke <asteban at gmx.net> wrote:
> Hello.

> I had no big reason.
>
> 1. The response headers where already organized in an Vector,
>   so i thought it would be staight forward to keep them equal.
> 2. Appending at the end, and iterating over them looked for me like a list.
>   (small benefit: It keeps the order, even if this is not required for http)
>
> I think, a Map has no drawbacks,
> if you prefer it, I'll do another patch.

No, the patch looks fine, I was just wondering since I would have picked a Map
myself ;) I wasn't sure if http required an ordering on the response headers.
Thanks for clearing it up.

> BTW:
> I think, that the GNU Classpath implementation is not korrekt.
> >>  req_props.put(key.toLowerCase(), value);
> They convert all keys to lower case, but some web servers stand on
> case sensitive header keys.
> (For example, the apache don't accepts 'Content-type', if I remember right)

thanks, you may want to submit a bug report to GNU Classpath, their bug
database interface is here: http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=classpath