[kaffe] kaffe-extras

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Sun Jul 20 23:14:02 PDT 2003

Sorry for bombing the list with CVS commit messages.  I didn't realize
that the list would get those commits for modules that weren't "kaffe"
(I guess the script is doing a substring match).  I'll try to fix that.

Anyways, you can see the beginnings of the build system for things like
kjc checked in under "kaffe-extras".  I'm not done with it yet, but I
checked in what I have so far.

Basically, it works similar to how a "ports" style system works.  I'm
just checking in scripts to download tar and zip files, patch them, and
build stuff.

There are two basic scripts.  The first one, "bootstrap-kaffe+ant.sh"
just downloads the sources for kaffe and ant, and builds them.

Most of the rest of the stuff is done with ant, in build.xml.

I'm bumping into several Kaffe bugs that are holding me back.  I can
rebuild everything except kjc.  To rebuild kjc, I still need to resort
to using the JDK, and putting rt.jar from the JDK in the CLASSPATH.

Cheers,

 - Jim