[kaffe] NIO in classpath

Guilhem Lavaux guilhem at kaffe.org
Thu Jul 24 09:57:01 PDT 2003

Timothy Stack wrote:

> On Thursday, July 24, 2003, at 08:16  AM, Guilhem Lavaux wrote:
>
>> I was planting everything in Kaffe: I begun updating the subthreading
>> to include the new required syscalls (easy)
>

> Cool, but which threading systems have you done this for?
> (unix-pthreads, unix-jthreads, etc...)  Just calling select() for
> unix-pthreads will work fine, but I would think it would take a lot of
> changes to make things work for unix-jthreads (user-level threads
> implemented with non-blocking syscalls and signals).

Sure but this is why I said that I need to do more extensive tests ... I
had no access to the JDK documentation for the last week so I needed to
guess the behaviour. Apparently, the begin()...end() section is not yet
really implemented in kaffe (and I do not see exactly what it should
do). Anyway I just wanted to know how many people and to what extent
they already implemented this part.

    Cheers,
    Guilhem.