[kaffe] Statically compiling Kaffe for MIPS

FunkRaveBrother at aol.com FunkRaveBrother at aol.com
Thu Jul 24 21:02:12 PDT 2003

Hi
I'm currently trying to cross-compile Kaffe 1.0.7 for a MIPS-based machine.  I need it statically linked.  Space is scarce on the target, so the only files I have on there are kaffe/jre/bin/kaffe-bin and kaffe/jre/lib/mips/libnative.la.

When I run kaffe-bin on the target on its own, I get the kaffe help screen, which is fine.  However when I try and load a class it crashes the system.  I have tried setting the environment variables CLASSPATH to all the relevant .jars, and KAFFELIBRARYPATH to kaffe/jre/lib/mips.

I have noticed in libnative.la it sets the variable dependency_libs.  For my intel static build this points to an empty directory, but for the mips build it points to the directory /opt/hardhat/devkit/mips/lexra_fp_be/target/usr/lib which contains many libraries; there is not enough space for them all on the target!

Any help with getting this to work would be much appreciated.