[kaffe] Re: Merging BeKaffe back into kaffe.org tree

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Tue Jul 29 15:23:03 PDT 2003

Hi Tomaso,

Tomaso wrote:
> Hi, Dalibor
>
> I can help with the merge, but my BeOS partition is a bit out-of-order
> in these days.

Having you on board is very good news. Browsing through the mailing list
logs of bekaffe, I got the impression that there is ocassionally some
interest to keep it alive, or to revive it. Hopefully a merged
kaffe/BeKaffe tree will provide incentive for other Be Java developers
to continue working on a free software java solution for that platform.
I've downloaded the BeOS5 personal edition, so I should be able to start
the merge soon.

> Would it be possible to receive a nice Zeta CD, let's say to test
> interoperability with the soon-to-be-merged BeKaffe? ;-)

I guess you should talk to Bernd about it.

I'll be using the original BeOS5 stuff myself, since I'd expect BeKaffe
to work on it. I don't know how much Zeta differs from BeOS5, so I
assume that it would be easier to start with merging kaffe and BeKaffe
on BeOS5 and then, once the merge is complete, rebuild on/port to Zeta.