[kaffe] Coding style

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Wed Jul 30 14:30:18 PDT 2003

Salut Guilhem,

Guilhem Lavaux wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Maybe this issue has already been raised but the coding style (at least
> for indentation...) is far from being clear in kaffe and its libraries.
> I've also seen that one of the pending task was to write the file
> "FAQ.coding-style". I don't for you but maybe we may just use the GNU
> Coding style (or a slight variant) and reformat progressively the code
> using "indent" ... The name of internal variables and functions should
> also be normalized but it is already a trickier question.

I guess people have settled on whatever coding style suits them best in
files they wrote. Different authors-> different styles. That can be
annoying when the style switches in the middle of a file.

I don't really have a strong preference for one style over another
myself, so the GNU style is as good as any for me, as long as GNU indent
can produce it from what I write. ;)

The only problem I see is that it could make it harder for people
merging code with 'unindented' forks. Tim, what's your take on this with
respect to JanosVM ?