[kaffe] Debugging Kaffe with DDD

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Fri Jun 6 22:28:01 PDT 2003

Hi Michael,

>Does debugging kaffe still work?
As far as 'gdb' is concerned, yes it is.

>If it does work, can someone tell me how to setup my
>environment?
Setting environment variable 'KAFFE_DEBUG' to a debugger (mentioned
in FAQ.debugging) is one idea, but I usually do different way for
debug kaffe. This may help you if 'kaffe' wrapper does not work for
DDD.

1. source 'BUILD_ENVIRONMENT'
 This defined all needed environment variable to use kaffe.
2. invoke 'kaffe-bin' directly with debugger
 by doing 'gdb $JAVA'.

This approach is simpler (I need not to install everything), especially
if you have to check different behavior between different versions of
kaffe (which I am now doing ;-<).

Hope this help

Kiyo