[kaffe] Help: Oracle Database Connectivity using Kaffe on OpenBSD 3.2

swapnil_joshi swapnil_joshi at indiatimes.com
Wed Jun 11 11:55:02 PDT 2003

Hii,

I am trying to connect Oracle 8i database using Kaffe on OpenBSD 3.2 operating system.My Kaffe version is 1.0.6.I am using jdbc thin Driver for database connection (classes111.zip from oracle).

I am using following code for testing :

import java.sql.*;
import javax.sql.*;

public class ConnectDBOracle  {

    Connection conn;
    Statement st;
    ResultSet rs;
    public void connect(){
        try{

   Class.forName("oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver");
   conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.10.100:1521:oracl","scott","tiger");
    System.out.println("connected");
    st = conn.createStatement();
          rs = st.executeQuery("select * from emp");
 System.out.println("rs created....");

       while(rs.next()) {
 System.out.println("in while looooop");

            System.out.println(rs.getString(1));
       }
System.out.println("okayyyyyyyyyy");
           st.close();
           conn.close();

        }catch(Exception e){
            System.out.println("Error : " +e);
        }
    }

    public static void main(String ares[]){

        ConnectDBOracle  db = new ConnectDBOracle();
        db.connect();
    }
}

When I run the following code ...

I get the following error message ...

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializer Error : [exception was kaffe.util.SupportDisabled

: GNU gmp was not found by kaffe configure Script]

at oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.getStringValue(OracleStatement.java : line unknown , pc 0x60f2d6)

Can any body guide me what should I need to do to make this code work or any other way to connect Oracle using Kaffe on OpenBSD 3.2

Thanks and Regards

Swapnil Joshi
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from Indiatimes at  http://email.indiatimes.com
Buy The Best In BOOKS at http://www.bestsellers.indiatimes.com