[kaffe] kaffe 1.1.0 with qt awt on board like assabet

Sankalpa sgamwarige at sri.crossvue.com
Mon Jun 16 00:23:01 PDT 2003

Hi

	First of all I must thank to the community for their prompt

	I managed to up kaffe on my board like assabet with qt awt support.
	I maned to get over with first instance of compilation break of below
by
	export LDFLAGS=-lm before make.(I have raised this question in my
previous mail to the question).

arm-linux-gcc -g -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fsigned-char -o kaffeh
sigs.o support.o main.o mem.o inflate.o jar.o utf8const.o readClass.o
constants.o debug.o  -L/tmp/qtopia/qtopia/qt-2.3.4/lib -lqte -Wl,--rpath
-Wl,/usr/local/arm/2.95.3/lib
/tmp/qtopia/qtopia/qt-2.3.4/lib/libqte.so: undefined reference to `cos'
/tmp/qtopia/qtopia/qt-2.3.4/lib/libqte.so: undefined reference to `sin'
/tmp/qtopia/qtopia/qt-2.3.4/lib/libqte.so: undefined reference to `pow'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [kaffeh] Error 1

Now I tested with a simple awt application.It works fine.

How ever the I like to report about following.
1.Though FAQ.awt says it support swing simple swing application did not
work.
2.There is some problem with Inner classes
3.The look and feel of controls of awt is not good.Specially buttons do
not appear as 3d and TextArea controller did not appear as it is.
4.Further we found many exceptins in event handling.
(But my QTOPIA palm top works very fine)

Can you please let me know whether these are limitations of kaffe or I
have not ported kaffe properly.

Thanks

Sankalpa

Crossvue Private Limited - a Symbol Technologies Company