[kaffe] Re: OpenBSD failing and debug info

WhiteGandalf zuse at libero.it
Fri Jun 20 14:18:02 PDT 2003

In <20030620113138.54534.qmail at web10002.mail.yahoo.com> Dalibor Topic
wrote:
> Since Helmer fixed the stack offset problem with your help, I'd say
> switch to CVS. You should get yourself the latest autotools as well,
> automake 1.7.5 and autoconf 2.57, since the configure script may ask
> for them. Make sure that you don't install them in the default
> location, so that they don't overwrite your current autotools
> installation.

I checked out today's cvs version, configured and attempted to build it.

After quite a long time compiling it stops giving:

mkdir lib
/bin/sh ./rebuildLib @essential.files
Compiling classes from  @essential.files  using  /home/multix/kaffe-cvs/
kaffe/kaffe/kaffe/kaffe-bin -verbosegc at.dms.kjc.Main
[ start compilation in verbose mode ]
assertion "e->start_pc <= e->end_pc" failed: file "machine.c", line 562
Abort (core dumped)
gmake[1]: *** [lib/stamp] Error 134

I'm using gcc 2.95.3 (default OpenBSD)

-ric