[kaffe] OpenBSD failing and debug info

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 20 04:29:01 PDT 2003

Ciao Ricardo,

--- WhiteGandalf <zuse at libero.it> wrote:

> So I launched it with the debugging active, I get:
> Starting program: /usr/local/kaffe/jre/bin/kaffe-bin Loops.java

> 0x9c866ac in memcpy ()
>
> the backtrace (bt) shows
> (gdb) bt
> #0  0x9c866ac in memcpy ()
> #1  0x88ab82c in jthread_create ()
> #2  0x8881ec3 in createThread ()
> #3  0x8882587 in createDaemon ()
> #4  0x8858f3f in gcEnable ()
> #5  0x8830dff in initialiseKaffe ()
> #6  0x8861a9f in JNI_CreateJavaVM ()
> #7  0x10eeb in main ()
> #8  0x10b67 in ___start ()
>
> I'm not sure here, but I know that memcopy works on OpenBSD but it needs
> some care since AFAIK it is a bit more protected.
>
> Any ideas? Is there something I can try or should I switch to cvs? (
> currently I am using 1.1.0 as suggested).

Since Helmer fixed the stack offset problem with your help, I'd say switch to
CVS. You should get yourself the latest autotools as well, automake 1.7.5 and
autoconf 2.57, since the configure script may ask for them. Make sure that you
don't install them in the default location, so that they don't overwrite your
current autotools installation.