[kaffe] Warning: Unrecognized version number 47/0 in classfile.

Gerlando Falauto iurly at writeme.com
Sat Jun 28 03:16:02 PDT 2003

Hi folks,

what version of jikes are compatible with kaffe-1.0.7? I am currently
using 1.18, which leads to (tons of) the aforementioned warning at kaffe
startup. I also tried 'jikes -target 1.1', but that doesn't help.
How was 1.0.7's Klasses.jar built in the first place?

Also, I tried unpacking Klasses.jar to speed up start up (my
simulator takes about 5 minutes to run Hello World), and I found out that
kaffe/lang/unicode.* and java/util/Comparator.class HAVE TO BE in a Jar
file. While I can understand about kaffe/lang/unicode.*, what's the big
deal about Comparator.class? If someone has an explanation about this
behavior, that would be the enlightenment of my day.

Thanks!
Gerlando