[kaffe] Warning: Unrecognized version number 47/0 in classfile.

Gerlando Falauto iurly at writeme.com
Sun Jun 29 19:32:01 PDT 2003

Hi,

Thanks for you answer.

I had already patched my readClass.c according to kaffe-1.1.0 to get the
rid of the warning.

What I am wondering now is, what's the difference between those versions?
I mean, is there any chance that the 1.3 class format is /really/
incompatible with kaffe-1.0.7 and therefore might lead to unexpected
behaviors (which would inevitably drive me insane)? Why would we have a
different number (apart from a different *language* specification) if the
classfiles were 100% compatible? Or are they compatible, but it's just by
accident?

And how (using which tool) was the distribution 1.0.7 Klasses.jar built
to begin with?

Thanks!
Gerlando