[kaffe] Bug Report: accessing array doesn't throw NullPointerException under MIPS

Kevin D. Kissell kevink at mips.com
Thu Mar 6 07:22:01 PST 2003

Matthew,

I've tested with both my build of last October (essentially 1.0.7
with my patch) and  I just did a check-out of the current Kaffe CVS
repository,and built kaffe from scratch, native, on a little-endian
MIPS  Linux box, specifying --with-engine=intrp on the configure line.
I cut, pasted and compiled your test case below.
both kaffes produce the following output:

[kevink at localhost BUGS]$ javac Hello.java
[kevink at localhost BUGS]$ ls
Hello.class  Hello.java
[kevink at localhost BUGS]$ java Hello
Getting test[0][0]
Caught Null POinter Exception!
[kevink at localhost BUGS]$

Are you sure you correctly installed kaffe?  I've seen failures
to bind exection handlers, like the one you describe, in cases
where "make install" had not been run, and thus some class
libraries weren't where kaffe needed them to be.

            Kevin K.