[kaffe] Compare kaffe and IBMJava2-131 Java Virtual Machine.

Greg Wooledge greg at wooledge.org
Thu Mar 13 18:45:01 PST 2003

Dalibor Topic (robilad at yahoo.com) wrote:

> I've created a patch (which needed to consider that we
> can't start counting stack traces right away, as long
> as the system properties are not initialized, the
> PrintWriter class initializer will fail), it's
> attached.

I also had to add java/io/CharArrayWriter to essential.files to get
it to build the javalib.

I started Freenet with "java -vmdebug GCSTAT,GCDIAG -verbosegc -verbosemem
freenet.node.Main 2>gc-stats-2.txt" and let it run for a while, hitting
it with requests.  I'm also getting a lot more network requests now (due
to changes in the Freenet code and propagation of said changes to other
users).

Then I stopped it by pressing Ctrl-C in the window where I had started
it.  I don't know if this was supposed to cause some sort of extra
information to be printed in the output file; if you need me to do it
again and terminate Freenet in some other way, let me know.  (Freenet
is a daemon; it never terminates on its own.  The only way to bring
it down currently is to send it a signal.)

http://wooledge.org/~greg/gc-stats-2.txt.bz2 (97 kB)

greg at wooledge.org              |    - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
http://wooledge.org/~greg/     |