[kaffe] jBoss & Kaffe

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Mon May 12 10:28:03 PDT 2003

Hallo Ronald,

--- Ronald Aigner <ra3 at os.inf.tu-dresden.de> wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried to run jBoss with kaffe 1.0.7 (the tarball available for download).
> Since it crashes I turned all debugging on and the interesting lines are:

findMethodLocal(java/lang/Class,getProtectionDomain,()Ljava/security/ProtectionDomain;)

> -> NOT FOUND

findMethodLocal(java/lang/Object,getProtectionDomain,()Ljava/security/ProtectionDomain;)

> -> NOT FOUND

getMethodSignatureClass(java/lang/Class,getProtectionDomain,()Ljava/security/ProtectionDomain;)

> -> failure
>
> (Something to do with security, I noticed that there is a security file in
> jre/lib/security/. I tried to add it to the classpath, but that didn't help.
> Any suggestions?

1.0.7 didn't have any support for ProtectionDomains, current CVS does have some
basic support for them. Could you give current CVS HEAD a try and see how far
you get?

btw, which version jBoss are you using?