Volunteers for merge? (Was: Re: [kaffe] Jit3 for IA-64)

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Tue May 13 04:53:01 PDT 2003

--- Svante Arvedal <svaar968 at student.liu.se> wrote:
> Hello Dalibor,
>
> > it would be nice to have Svante's jit3 implementation for ia64 in kaffe
> for the
> > next release.
> That would be nice. But as you can see from my fixme.txt file it's not a
> complete implementation.

Sure, but it's a head start for someone else who comes along ;)

> > It would be very cool if you could try merging it with the
> > current source tree (I tried and failed miserably ;).
> >
> Unfortunately I no longer have access to an ia64 machine, but it would be
> interesting to see a log of where things go wrong. I'm willing to help as
> much as I can.

You can get a free account on HP's TestDrive[1]. That's what I used in my
failed merge attempts, and I think Tim Stack used them as well for OpenBSD
hacking. They've got alphas, ia64s, pa-riscs, arms and ix86 running *BSD,
Linux, OSF, HP-UX and OpenVMS.

[1] http://www.testdrive.compaq.com/