[kaffe] Decoding compiled class files

Timothy Stack stack at cs.utah.edu
Tue May 13 07:48:02 PDT 2003

> Hi,

hi,

> Is there a utility around that would read my compiled classfiles and tell me
> their contents?

I use D-Java since it generates output that can be fed back into jasmin (a
java assembler).  You might also want to look at BCEL, the ByteCode
Engineering Library, it has quite a bit of stuff for doing these types of
manipulations.

> I'm now at the stage of trying to find out why the jitters
> don't produce the right code on the m68k Amiga platform. Comparing the class
> file from the interpreter with that from the jitters, I find consistent
> differences,

I don't understand...  Are you producing class files using the interpreter
and the jitter?  Or, are the results of executing a class file not the
same?  Have you tried the internal test suite (you need jikes installed)
and x-debugging?

> but I really need to know the contents of the whole compiled class.
>
> If there isn't anything available, I shall have to write one.
>
> cheers
> tony

tim