[kaffe] Re: Decoding compiled class files

Tony Wyatt wyattaw at optushome.com.au
Thu May 15 19:59:01 PDT 2003

Hi Mark,

On 16-May-03, you wrote:

> gcj comes with jcf-dump. I believe jcf-dump -c does precisely what you
> want. For example for your eexample (put into a main() method in a class
> Test it gives the attached output.

Yes, I've looked at gcj before. Unfortunately it does not have a working
version for m68k-amigaos, so I would have to port it. It's really not worth
the effort. There really are very few working Linux tools available on the
Amiga. Many applications like gdb, gcj, etc won't compile and have to be
ported before you can use them. My video hardware is not supported by
m68k-Linux, so I can't run X, for example.

Meantime, I have written my own "ClassDump" in C. It means I don't have to
have a known-good JVM to run the diagnostic tools on. Its output looks
strangely like that of gcj ;-).

Thanks for the advice, Mark.

cheers

tony