[kaffe] Patch: Merge java.awt.Color from Classpath

Benja Fallenstein b.fallenstein at gmx.de
Thu May 15 12:03:02 PDT 2003

Hi all,

Kaffe's Color is not yet updated to Java 1.2, which changes the simple
(red,green,blue) into a more complex scheme where colors can come from
different color spaces etc. The simplest route to rectify this seemed to
replace Kaffe's Color by the one from Classpath-- the other
color-related classes like ColorSpace &c already come from Classpath. In
the attached patch, I went this route, adding Kaffe's 'nativeValue'
optimization (which allows the toolkit to store a native representation
of a color in the Color object).

I tried to add the class ColorPaintContext, which Color depends on, from
Classpath, but failed somehow (after 'sh developers/autogen.sh;
./configure' I still get an error that ColorPaintContext is not found).
In the attached patch, I thus commented out the parts that use
ColorPaintContext. Maybe someone more in the know can add
ColorPaintContext to the library.

Suggested changelog message: :-)
Replaced Kaffe's java.awt.Color by the 1.2-compliant one from GNU
Classpath, adding support for 'nativeValue' to it.

Thanks!
- Benja