[kaffe] Patch: Merge java.awt.Color from Classpath

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Mon May 19 05:39:01 PDT 2003

Hallo Benja,

--- Benja Fallenstein <b.fallenstein at gmx.de> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Kaffe's Color is not yet updated to Java 1.2, which changes the simple
> (red,green,blue) into a more complex scheme where colors can come from
> different color spaces etc. The simplest route to rectify this seemed to
> replace Kaffe's Color by the one from Classpath-- the other
> color-related classes like ColorSpace &c already come from Classpath. In
> the attached patch, I went this route, adding Kaffe's 'nativeValue'
> optimization (which allows the toolkit to store a native representation
> of a color in the Color object).
>
> I tried to add the class ColorPaintContext, which Color depends on, from
> Classpath, but failed somehow (after 'sh developers/autogen.sh;
> ./configure' I still get an error that ColorPaintContext is not found).
> In the attached patch, I thus commented out the parts that use
> ColorPaintContext. Maybe someone more in the know can add
> ColorPaintContext to the library.

thanks a lot for the patch, I've checked it in.

I've commented out the line from autogen.sh that was responsible for updating
libraries/javalib/Makefile.am since it generated bad Makefile.am files on my
Mandrake Linux 9.0 notebook. Could you try uncommenting that line and then
retry adding ColorPaintContext ?