[kaffe] jBoss & Kaffe

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Tue May 20 08:41:01 PDT 2003

Hallo Helmer,

--- Helmer Krämer <hkraemer at freenet.de> wrote:
> On Wed, 14 May 2003 17:07:31 +0200
> Ronald Aigner <ra3 at os.inf.tu-dresden.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Ronald,
>
> > On Wednesday 14 May 2003 14:05, Helmer Krämer wrote:
> > > i'll commit a patch later this week, which will fix this
> > > issue (that is, I hope so, since eclipse does something
> > > similar and is starting w/o problems with my patch).
> > this would be could, but would fix only some of jBoss' problems:
> > A collegue of mine hacked a fixed path into the mentioned code, so jBoss
> got a
> > little further. It then crashes with:
>
> with the patches I've checked, jBoss seems to start,
> print some logging messages about its version and
> crashes afterwards. IIRC, that crash happens while
> jBoss is creating a "UniversalClassLoader". It'd be
> really nice, if youn could take a look at this, since
> I don't have the time to do so (will fix any bug you
> find, though ;)).

Yeah, it's one of those "calling a method that's redefined in extended class"
type of bugs. I fixed it by using an internalAddURL method. Patch attached,
I'll check it in tonight.

Also in the patch is a first attempt at merging in java.lang.reflect.Proxy from
GNU Classpath. Now JBoss 3.2.1 fails somewhere in the Proxy class. Use jikes to
build, I haven't updated the class library profiles yet. ;)

http://search.yahoo.com