[kaffe] Re: Is BufferedImage supported in Kaffe?

Torsten Hübscher Torsten.Huebscher at gmx.net
Tue May 20 23:32:01 PDT 2003

Hello Jacob! Moin moin Dalibor!

Jacob Wang schrieb:

>Hi, Thanks a lot, Torsten and Dalibor,
>

>>I mailed with dalibor and classpath about it, (this
>>behavior is quite
>>senseless), but so they do pass simple compatibility
>>tests with SUNs JDK.
>>

>The simple compatibility tests your mentioned don't
>include anything on BufferedImage, right?

JAPI tests the existence of the class and method, not their implementation.

>Also, I'm wondering if Classpath supports
>BufferedImage so far?

not complete, just have a look at the source of it...

>And yet another question, is it doable if I use JDK
>implementation for java.awt.image package and kaffe
>implementation for other awt packages to support
>BufferedImage? Will there be any technical (will JDK
>java.awt.image package be compatible with kaffe
>awt?)or legal (copyright) issues?

It's always "eighter - or". But it would be great if you would help
making kaffe's java.awt.* better by checking other packages like
classpath and merging it into kaffe.
Right, Dalibor?

>Thanks again for your clarification!

No big deal ;-)