[kaffe] build failure if old version present, ServletContext.setAttribute

Helmer Krämer hkraemer at freenet.de
Thu May 29 03:34:01 PDT 2003

On Tue, 27 May 2003 18:50:40 -0400
Greg Wooledge <greg at wooledge.org> wrote:

> > > 26-May-03 7:21:43 PM (freenet.interfaces.LocalInterface, Interface # tcp/8888, ERROR): Unhandled throw accepting connections: Interface # tcp/8888
> > > java.lang.NullPointerException
> > >         at freenet.transport.tcpConnection.<init>(tcpConnection.java:123)
> > >         at freenet.transport.tcpListener.accept(tcpListener.java:48)
> > >         at freenet.interfaces.Interface.acceptConnections(Interface.java:214)
> > >         at freenet.interfaces.Interface.run(Interface.java:169)
> >
> > should be fixed by now, so I'm waiting for the next one ;)
>
> Ask and ye shall receive....

Seems like we're moving on to the more interesting stuff ;)

> > From the traces you've sent in this thread, I would assume
> > that this assertion failure only occurrs when you get a
> > NullPointerException, is that correct?
>
> The past two times, that seemed to be the case.  However, it's
> different today, as shown below.

There are actually two different assertions that fail:

* The !INTS_DISABLED one somewhere in exception.c which seems to
  fail only after a NullPointerException. If that is correct, I
  would suspect that kaffe's signal handling doesn't work 100%
  correct on OpenBSD

and

> This one occurs after clicking a few things on the web interface,
> less than a minute after the node has finished initializing.  There
> is no accompanying message in freenet.log, and stdout/stderr has
> only this:
>
> assertion "blk->free != 0" failed: file "mem/gc-mem.c", line 324

* this one, which fails because some of kaffe's data structures
  needed fo heap management get corrupted (due to some race
  condition between heap_malloc and heap_free). Will look into
  this one, but if I cannot come up with a simple patch, I will
  not fix it till after the release, since I won't make any big
  changes to the garbage collector at this point

Greetings,
Helmer