[kaffe] ThreadState regression test

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Mon Nov 24 08:20:03 PST 2003

Hi,

I built from CVS this morning (i386/Linux/jthreads), and the ThreadState
regression test failed with this:

lt-kaffe-bin: ../../../../../kaffe/kaffe/kaffevm/systems/unix-jthreads/jthread.c:2207: jmutex_unlock: Assertion `tid->status != 1' failed.

I tried again, and the test succeeded.  It's definitely an intermittent thing.

Try doing this at your shell prompt in tests/regression:

$ (while true; do make check TESTS=ThreadState.java || exit 1; done)

I wasn't able to reproduce my failure, but...

For me, sometimes the test returns quickly, and sometimes it doesn't.  So
I think this regression test is turning up something, even though it
usually says it is passing.

Cheers,

 - Jim