[kaffe] Re: Bug Report: unexpected IllegalArgumentException from java.text.DecimalFormat

Mark Wielaard mark at klomp.org
Thu Oct 23 06:40:02 PDT 2003

Hi,

On Wed, 2003-10-22 at 18:33, Tom Tromey wrote:
> I'd like to get you (and the other kaffe developers) direct
> cvs write access, so that we can lower the barriers to getting these
> fixes checked in.  Assuming this is ok with Mark and everybody else,
> of course.  Otherwise, send me a ChangeLog entry and I'll check this
> in.

Just for the record. I would be OK with this and Ito has filed paperwork
with the FSF so there should be no holdup on any of his patches anymore.

As always I am asking people that want to contribute to GNU Classpath to
carefully read the following so we all agree on how these things are
handled: http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath/docs/hacking.html#SEC2

I apologize for the sometimes much to large delay between Kaffe hackers
submitting bug reports (with patches!) and importing them into
Classpath. My only defense is that the Kaffe Hackers are incredibly fast
in adopting GNU Classpath as their library and found so many little and
big issues already (yeah! kaffe regression testsuite) it is almost
embarrassing.

Cheers,

Mark