[kaffe] Classpath beans update.

James Simmons jsimmons at infradead.org
Fri Oct 24 10:29:02 PDT 2003

> Done. Please update from CVS, and good luck with the AWT port.

I have been keeping up.

> Speaking of the AWT switch to classpath, I was thinking of a slightly
> different approach: what about having classpath's AWT, kaffe's AWT and
> pocketlinux AWT source trees somewhere under libraries/javalib and
> libraries/clib such that kaffe-awt.jar, classpath-awt.jar and
> pocketlinux-awt.jar are built depending on a compile time switch. Would
> this be useful? It would blow up the CVS by having some intially
> redundant code, but that could be phased out, as kaffe's and pockelinux'
> AWTs merge, and their java side is gradually moved over to classpath.
>
> what do you think?

Hm. What about the core AWT java files. They are very different from
pocketlinux and kaffe's awt. Of course this is not a bad idea because for
j2me the awt is very different. So I would recommend you do this.

Sorry I haven't been working on AWT for the last few weeks. I have been
cranking out new framebuffer patches for 2.6.0-testX. It might be another
week or 2 before I'm finished with fbdev.