[kaffe] Moving away from macros to inlined functions

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Sat Sep 20 12:57:02 PDT 2003

Hi,

this is a simple code hygene issue: I'd like to move away from using
preprocessor macros all over kaffe's C sources, to use inline functions.
Since the gdb debugger has a much better time with inlines, the gcc
compiler produces more useful error and warning messages, inlines can be
prototyped to check for type violations, and so on.

I'd like to start with BEGIN/END_EXCEPTION_HANDLING in jni.c and the
sysdepCallMethod on arm, as that's what I'm trying to debug at the
moment. Is everyone O.K. with the idea to move away from macros?